Why I'm Arrogant...

ar⋅ro⋅gant [ar-uh-guhnt] - adj. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or unwarranted self-importance


I don't believe that I have importance in the world. There's little, if any, evidence that my life is contributing any value to society.

There's a guiding rule in proper logic stating that one does not falsify an idea, or argument, by attacking the character of the speaker. Regardless of this fundamental truth, history shows that people do not care to make this distinction. We live based on our beliefs...not on truths.

My arrogance comes from the difference between personal belief and public perception. I don't believe I have any self-worth. It's not my intention to display any self-importance. But, it's not my thoughts that matter. The point is that others perceive that I may be believing myself to be grander than their knowledge of me warrants. Thus, my best response would be asking myself "what can I do differently?"

No comments:

Post a Comment