Korea vs Japan - World Baseball Classic

I lost my voice as Korea lost the championship in last night's World Baseball Classic. It was an awesome game that stretched into a 10th inning. The scoring was so close that I hugged the strangers around me as Korea forced an extra inning and reinvigorated an opportunity to earn the top title that was stolen from them the previous competition.


A tip regarding stadium etiquette:

Don't tell the crowd in front of you to sit down if you can't see. Stand up.


The dozens of rows in front of me were standing and cheering for their respective teams. So like any individual proud of his national heritage, I was on my feet roaring on the Korean team. I got a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and some girl asked me to sit down at the request of another person the row behind her. She nicely asked, "I'm sorry but they can't see." "Tell them to stand up," I responded.

I might have replied like an asshole, but I don't give a fuck. It's a baseball game. Beer is flowing like wine. And, tens of thousands of people are on their feet. Don't ask me to sit down and miss the game simply because you don't want to stand up to enjoy it. Shiiieeett...

No comments:

Post a Comment