Merry X-mas!

It's a freaking sweet Christmas!

The only thing that has yet to be satisfied on my Christmas list is a one day snowboarding trip. It's been about three years since I've ripped through the slopes, and I certainly miss it. I miss hitting a rail...and then falling. I miss taking a jump...and then falling. I miss carving "S" shapes through the snow...and then falling. My body has been crackling and popping much less at the joints recently, but where's the rush?

Yea, yea...I've got good friends and family...whatever. I already thanked them on Thanksgiving. Bring the snow!

I miss the days when I used to wake up at the butt-crack of dawn and then drive up the windy mountain roads toward powder heaven. Red bull? Check. Granola Bars? Check. iPod? Check.

What I do NOT miss is the 40 min lines for the ski-lifts. Talk about awful. Regardless of my normal despise of waiting for anything, having to stand in line for nearly an hour just to board down a 10 minute slope is like taking red hot pokers to the pleasure center.

Anyways, the time has come to visit the slopes once again. We are getting some awesome snow, so I'll be looking forward to some good riding. w00t!

P.S. - My New Year's resolution will be trying to add some awesome to my writing...bigger, better, and faster in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment