About Those Resolutions...

If earning money was so important throughout the year, why is it never a common New Year's resolution?

Finding resolve for the next year involves taking a moment to reflect on our lives. And as we reminisce through our fortunes and regrets, what's superficial becomes less material.

For this New Year's, I've been taking a look back upon my life from a senior's perspective. After all my money has been made and my career has past, what are the events of the year that I would like to remember and what would be my resolution for the last of my years? I would be counting smiles and resolving a legacy.

Warren Buffett has said that "short-term decisions have long-term consequences." So to try and stand on the shoulder of giants, I'm learning to resolve decades rather than following years.

Goodbye 2008, I've spent the time learning so much. Rather than welcoming a new 2009, the days forward shall be welcoming a new me. No more spreading myself so thin. No more being comfortable. No more settling for complacent. I will do no less and be amongst the best at giving more.

No comments:

Post a Comment