The News to Date - I'm Bored

Isn't there anything more interesting going on in the world? The news is sOOooOOoo incredibly boring these days. Gas prices are going up, commodity prices are on the rise, people are protesting the Olympics (again), mortgages are turning into mortuaries (metaphorically of course), blah blah blah. It's not just always bad news, it's always the same bad news.

Got Bad Gas?:

The price of gasoline has been forking us everyday for the past 6 years! I see the signs everyday; I don't need a multi-billion dollar industry to give me the play-by-play when I'm the one taking the shots. It's olds...not news.

It's like they're always crying that the sky is falling...the only difference is that they also have both hands in your wallet (and a knee in your groin). Life is NOT good as a slave when the top dawgs of oil are flexing every emperor muscle they've got over our lives. Grr! It just makes me want to go to the Exxon-Mobile CEO's house, give their son a wedgie, charlie-horse their butler, and kick their puppy. When I get bullied, I bully back!

The Price is Right...if you're the one selling:

The cost of eggs, milk, and potatoes are sailing higher. Producers are blaming the rise on increased costs of production. But the truth behind business is that if you have a good reason to raise the price by 5%, raise it by 20%. If you have a good reason to lower the price, treat yourself to a Hawaiian vacation with your busty secretary because prices (much like your wife) never work their way down.

Take Out that Torch!:

"Billy, get my fire extinguisher! People are dying in China!" So apparently, Tibetan monks are getting killed by Chinese soldiers and the best response is to drown a torch eh? We certainly do not want to give the Chinese the economic boom that follows the Olympics; I guess we'd rather put on our pants (made in China), grab a fire extinguisher (made in China), and halt the ceremonial travels of the Olympic torch (made in China...presumably).

The Olympic events are monstrous athletic promoting beasts, and you just can't kill a bear with a fly swatter. It's better to bleed them dry with large boycotts. The profiteers of the Olympics can reignite the torch a thousand times over. I believe protesters should focus more on putting pressure on the committees and profiteers...then maybe later poke the eyes of whoever carries the torch.

From Hopeful to Homeless:

This is just plain sad. You don't get my two cents about this, but you do get a clip from BBC:





My utter boredom with the news is because we're never broadcasted information for solving problems. They only tell us when a hurricane rips through a community, but never anything about how that community is rebuilding. I would be much more interested in bad events if I knew there was going to be a good follow-up story.

That's my rant folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment